- How does the Website work?
- What type of Personal Information do we collect from you and how do we use it?
- AGB does not require you to provide us with any Personal Information in order to use the Website. Unless you provide Personal Information to us, we will not collect any Personal Information from you. However, in order to sign up for updates about AGB, or to make a donation to us, you will need to provide certain Personal Information to us.
If you make a donation to us, the Personal Information you provide may include without limitation your name, address, email address and credit card and billing information, which we or an authorized third party on our behalf will collect and/or use to process your donation and issue a tax receipt to you. If you request to receive email updates, you will need to provide us with your email address, which we will use to provide you with such information.
In order to enable you to make donations and receive updates, we will share your Personal Information with (a) third parties authorized to act on our behalf, including, without limitation, credit card processing, banking and other service providers and (b) as applicable, other charitable organizations associated with your donation. If you elect to make a donation to AGB through other websites, information you provide to authorized third parties on our behalf will be subject to the policies and procedures of such third parties, over which AGB has no control.
We will not sell, hire or release your Personal Information to any other third parties, unless we believe the release of such information is necessary (i) to comply with the law (e.g. a legal process or a statutory authorization), (ii) to protect or enforce our rights, or (iii) as part of a reorganization, consolidation, merger, or transfer of substantially all of the assets of AGB.
- How is Personal Information protected?
- We care about the safety and security of your transactions. We select our service providers on the basis that they use industry-standard security protocols for protecting the confidentiality of the Personal Information that they handle for us, including without limitation using SSL encryption for credit card transactions. We do not authorize our service providers to use your Personal Information for purposes other than to execute transactions requested by you and to provide related services to us. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, please keep in mind that while we take the foregoing actions to protect Personal Information provided to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
- What other information does America Gives Back collect?
- Does America Gives Back provide links to other websites?
- What are our policies regarding children?
- AGB does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under thirteen (13) years of age.
- Do we have a mechanism to address questions and complaints about the handling of information that we collect?
- If you have questions or concerns about any of our information collection or handling practices, or if you wish to change or remove any Personal Information provided to us, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by postal mail at America Gives Back, 9720 Wilshire Blvd 4th Floor, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
Last Modified: March 2010
back to top